As the New Year begins, I find myself with more on my plate now than in the closing of December.
Homeschooling
Church... secretary? administrator? bookeeper?
Teen Sunday School Teacher...
I am wondering just what I can do and what I cannot do. As I prayerfully learn these new roles while continuing to maintain all of the usual roles being a housewife and home-teacher entail, I wonder where it all fits, how it all fits and what threads will remain in the tapestry of my life.
I'm enjoying teaching the teens on Sunday mornings. I am thankful for the time I can pour into them in hopes that a difference will be made in their lives so that they in turn can make a difference in their world. 'Church... secretary? administrator? bookeeper?' is more of a challenge than I had anticipated. As of yet not thoroughly enjoyable, but then who truly enjoys being stretched out of their comfort zone? I am enjoying teaching my children God's Word and seeing thoughts and ideas form and as lightbulbs of understanding turn on. I'm just not sure how well homeschooling fits.
I am amazed at how The Potter is shaping me, my children, my husband on His wheel.
I am thankful for this extra year of having the children at home with me, close to my side and near to the teachings of my heart. But will home-teaching continue? This I am not sure. We are praying, we are seeking out options, we are trusting God's continued leading.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in all things through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God; and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6, 7
6 comments:
If I might offer a thought or two...sometimes in life, it's important to remember that there are 'seasons', seasons where one thing will take precedence over another. It doesn't need to be all at once.
I hope I have encouraged...
Thank you, Sandpiper - I will keep that in mind. And yes, that is encouraging!
Humm ... praying that He will direct your steps my friend x
I like the potter analogy - a work in progress - quite a while in the making, and often changes as one goes along - various levels of firing, different techniques of scoring the surface or adorning it, often an assortment of glazes with varying techniques as well. We are fascinated watching the Master Potter at work in you, the object of His creativity. (prayers, always)
Thanks, Shelley (how'd I do on posting your link!?) and JaniMarie... xoxo
Yes! The link works ... thank you so much ... MUWAH
Post a Comment