This summer, my son learned more about trust. He's tended to be my shy child, while my daughter is most certainly the adventurous one (albeit her lines must be clearly defined and the rules most certainly followed!). When it comes to water, my son has had much fun, but it has taken him time to put his trust in anything that floats. Clutching hard to mommy or daddy, it's been best to go at his pace when it comes to water. And now today, not only has he placed his full trust in any of the floaties we have, but he's also learned to swim under water while holding his breath AND take a running jump to dive over the edge into the water (you see, our pool is only 10 or 13 feet wide and 2 1/2 feet deep). That's quite enough for a little four-year-old who used to prefer all water to be no deeper than his little waist. You see, just two or so short weeks ago, when his sister learned to take a running leap over the edge and into the water, he tried and tried (holding tight to his blue floatie ring around his waist). Oh how I wished I'd had a vidoe camera! Can you just imagine a little four-year-old, trying desperately to jump over the edge into the pool, yet each time simply bumping up against the edge. He would back up and try again, with the same results, not realizing how much laughter he was giving me, the onlooker!
My daughter, when did she learn to be such a trusting fishy in the water? Last summer? The summer before? It has come a bit more naturally for her. Isn't that how it can be with each of our own personal walks with Christ? We each walk (or run!) at our own pace, with our heavenly Father watching and cheering us on while Jesus, our intercessor, prays for us. We've all learned to trust at a different pace and are all at different levels in our walks with the Lord. Do we give up? No, we press on, forgetting what is behind, striving towards what is ahead. We want that prize! The prize of Christ Jesus Himself! The One who has given us the ability to trust (for He Himself is our trust!) and to keep moving forward.
I am so thankful for the simple lessons we can learn from our children, our friends, our family. I am so thankful that God created us to be in relationship. Today I pray for those that do not have the close, Christian relationships their hearts long for. I pray that as they allow their hearts to trust more deeply in our Risen Saviour, that He will fill their hearts until the day (and each day thereafter!) when He opens the doorway to those special, yearned for friendships.
I am trying to insert a song that's on my heart, "He Knows My Name" but do not seem to be successful. If you're reading this and so desire, I would encourage you to go to youtube to find "He Knows My Name". Why? Because our Saviour, Jesus Christ, knows YOUR name, He knows YOUR heart and He loves you.
2 comments:
Good Morning You! I came to your blog on just the right day to read this post - it seems to be about me and my friendships ... with somethings that have happened in recent years I have a hard time trusting - I'm really good at trusting from a distance but sometimes God requires us to get close and personal .... hmmmmm
Thank you Lord for knowing my name and for knowing me so personally.
Bless my blogging friend here today along with her sweet family ... in Jesus Name x
Hello Shelley! So glad you were encouraged - just as you have so often encouraged so many! You are dearly loved. xxoo
Post a Comment