The schoolroom is ready (mostly!) the remaining books have been shipped and I am looking forward to settling in for a long-winter's teaching with my two little puppies (aka: munchkins, aka: my mini-alphabet, etc!).
Feeling a little over-pressured and overwhelmed last week, I was thankful for an article I came across that described two different types of Charlotte Mason homeschooling parents: the one who reads absolutely everything under the sun about CM (Charlotte Mason) prior to homeschooling, and the other who reads and understands at least two things about the CM method ahead of time, then learns the rest while on the journey. Guess which parent I am?
As I daily trust in the Lord, I can be confident that He will guide me each step of the way as my husband and I strive to offer our children a positive schooling alternative. One of our goals? To teach A-Z a love for learning and to love to learn throughout their entire lives, not simply while "in school."
"You (God) will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he (or she!) trusts in You." Isaish 26:3
1 comment:
Yes - perfect peace!! This is going to be such a fun year of learning for all of you - there will be a ton of memories and I bet this is a year you will look back on and never regret.
May God bless you with wisdom and insight as you instruct them in the way they should go x
Post a Comment