Pages


May my roots grow deep, may my limbs grow strong.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday!

Will wonders ever cease!?

It's Friday afternoon and I've made it through to Day 8
on my attempts to go wheat, dairy and refined sugar freeeeee!

I say yipeeee 'cause for those of you who don't know me, I am a bread-bakin' (and lovin'), potato chip-cravin', desserts kind'a girl.  I've thought this through before, but could never agree to give up my fave's.  I mean - Pumpkin Pie?!  I'd rather die...  However, I now see there might be another way to still enjoy my yearly meetings with Mr. Pumpkin Pie...

So here's what my week has looked like.  Other than a few
'grump-a-lumps at the distasteful Quinoa and carb 'n sweets cravings'
I began to realize how much better I was starting to feel.
Yummy meals were created, new ways of eating are being thought of, and I've even been through a few days withouth ANY coffee.  Huh.  Who knew that could be possible? 
In fact,
I'm fighting the COFFEE URGE right now.
Will I win?

I did give in last night (oh why didn't I take a picture?!):
Farmer Sausage from the best farmer-sausage making little dot in Saskatchewan,
(and one thing I won't give up unless under pain of death)
from  my own garden:
Jeweled Beets, Beans 'n Onions, Carrots
all cooked with a couple of the sausages and drizzeld with Roger's Golden Syrup
(it's nothing but pure cane sugar! yum!)

So shamefully no pictures of last night's dish, with the beautiful red color
from the beets seeping into the other veggies.

But here are a few meals I've made this week which have brought sustenance and feelings of good health!  So to those of you who have been cheering me on this week, praying for me or just reading my posts -
thank you for your support!!!!
To those of you who know you need to try a new way of eating - YOU CAN DO IT! 
If I, who loves food 'n snacks and all things yummy, can change the way I eat and feel so much better physically, then you can too. 

Trust me, I'll be cheering you on and praying for you, too!
Buckwheat - wait - wheat?  But the list says it's allowed!  Anyway, sooo good with blueberries, banana's and almond milk.
Mashed cauliflower.   I don't even like cauliflower and I certainly don't like how it smells when being cooked!  But man, was it yummy - cooked in chicken stock and garlic, then mashed to smitherines.  Even my family enjoyed this dish!
And finally, this week's breakfast - I prepared a HUGE pot of rice, a HUGE pot of veggies all cooked in coconut oil (my new best friend) with a bit of dill, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.  The only thing it was missing were the tomatoes, but ya know, I didn't even miss them too much!

Blessings,
SMC

1 comment:

janimarie said...

And you did a great job on the weekend too - proud of you my girl! Sometimes we just get so used to stuffing our faces, giving in to cravings without a thought - and not really appreciating what we eat - the growing of it, the preparing of it, the Giver of all. you are teaching your Mom some lessons!