Someone recently posted in a comment on someone's blog "is that my Stephanie..." (which it was) and when I read those words, I smiled. How nice to be thought to belong to someone. In a world that has become so fragmented, with people living lives so independantly of each other, never wanting to show our need for others or to be needed by others, the words, "is that my Stephanie" are pleasant; honey to the soul.
When I think of ownership, my thoughts also turn to the One who fulfills our need (whether we are aware of that need yet or not) to permenantly belong. I think of my Heavenly Father who so lovingly has ownership over me and over my soul and with Whom I will be able to one day spend eternity.
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His One and Only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."
John 3:16
We are all going to live for eternity as God has created each of us with a spirit that will never perish, even though our body is set for the grave. It is up to us as to where that eternity will be. God's Word clearly teaches us there are only two resting places for our spirit and of the two, we can find true rest in only one. Heaven. It is up to us, because the choice lies with us as to whether or not we will accept Christ as our Saviour, enabling us to choose Life with God.
Which brings me back to ownership. One day, my spirit in which God's spirit is alive and well, will take ownership of an eternal home in Heaven with God, the One Creator of all and over all. In the light of Thanksgiving, I am so thankful that while here on earth, I am priviledged to be owned by God. He is my light, He is my salvation, He is my source of strength, He is my joy in plenty and in want. He is my Teacher and my Friend.
Thank you, Lord, for being Lord of my life.
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment