Pages


May my roots grow deep, may my limbs grow strong.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pure joy, indeed



"Consider it pure joy, my brothers (and sista's) whenever you face trials of many kinds" James 1:2


Not only that, but "glory in tribulations" (Romans 5:3)




Really!?

As I keep in mind the end result (growth, maturity and strength to mention a few) I can choose to allow trials to take their natural, Godly course because according to God's Word, 'tribulation produces perseverance; perseverance developes character and character hope - which DOES NOT disappoint us because of the love God has poured into our hearts' (see Romans 5:3-5).

Soo...

The troubles I experience I will choose to count as joy because I know the Author of my story and I've read the end of The Book.

Lord teach me to trust You and grow through it all. Give me a fresh excitement about my life in Christ, no matter the frustruations and heartaches I experience. I remember the joys and the laughter and the blessings. Shall I take good, and not bad? As it rains on the just and the unjust, let the rain that falls on me produce a greater growth and return...

4 comments:

Darlene Schacht said...

This has been so real to me this past month. My dad died a month ago tomorrow. He had brain tumors and lung cancer. And through all of the suffering our family went through, we have so much to be thankful for. Not just because he's in a better place, but because God was glorified through the pain and the suffering. When the flesh is weak the spirit is strong. God's grace is sufficient for us!

P.S. Thanks for your email!

Salsa with Cilantro said...

Hello Darlene! I responded to your comment earlier today, but it must have not gone through... I prayed for you today, that God's grace and comfort would be so real to you and your family this day. What a testimony you have of God's grace being sufficient! I give praise to God with you for Him being given glory through this all. How comforting to know he is now at rest with the Lord. May you continue to experience His grace daily!

Shelley said...

I LOVE THIS!! .....

The troubles I experience I will choose to count as joy because I know the Author of my story and I've read the end of The Book.

Can I use this?

I so love you - and you know what I LOVE that you had that goffing pic of your man underneath your exhortation to embrace your trials - because it made me laugh out loud - and really isn't that what pure joy is? lol

Salsa with Cilantro said...

Of course you can use this, Shelley! And I am so glad you LOL'd - yes, that's joy, to laugh out loud! As I was looking for a photo to describe "glory in tribulations" this one gave me not only the ability to laugh out loud, but also the thought of us saying, "Ha! I AM going to get tribulations this with God's JOY! Ha-Ha!"

I so appreciate you!