Pages


May my roots grow deep, may my limbs grow strong.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Can Words Express?



As I opened a Christmas card - a very fat Christmas card - I wondered what was inside. To my amazement, a very special family from our church gave us a membership to a local museum.

Tears flooded my eyes and I was filled with emotion. Over a membership gift? To a museum? Really?

Really.

To me, this membership tells me my family is loved, is seen, is known. And isn't that the cry of each of our hearts? To be known? Kind of like when my daughter once gave me a card the year she was in Pre-K that said, "Mommy, I like you, I love you, I see you."

To know that we have made a difference in someone's life cannot be measured by worldly measures nor described by words. To receive a gift that tells me someones knows what is important to me - whether big or small - cannot be expressed in words today.

Thank you, friend, and Merry Christmas to a very special family.

No comments: