Pages


May my roots grow deep, may my limbs grow strong.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Shakespeare

Shakespeare.

It was never something I ever truly appreciated or fully admired. Until now. Until now that in following the Charlotte Mason homeschool curriculum for my two small children and finally biting the bullet to read the Shakespearean tales of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" and "The Tempest" do I find Shakespeare captivating.

And so do my 5 and 6 year old!

"Midsummer Night" was more challenging to read, as it was our initial introduction to Shakespeare. A-Girl enjoyed the tale of the play so much more than Z-Man. I stumbled over many words, often reaching for the dictionary and stopping after each paragraph (and sometimes each sentence) to discuss and explain what we had just read.

Today however, in reading "The Tempest", not only was A-Girl hanging on every word, but so was Z-Man. The dictionary was only used once or twice and much less explaining was necessary. My reading aloud flowed with much expression, adding to the excitement of the story for my little ones.

And to top it all off, we have now had two consecutively successful homeschooling weeks. What a blessing! I know that there will be many more ups and downs to come, but I am truly thankful for this opportunity to 'train up my children in the way they should go'. I feel as though we have begun to consistently cover and build upon the three main "R's" in school. I don't feel so uncertain, or so afraid today. Thank You, Lord...





2 comments:

los cinco nomads said...

Smiling for your pleasure now and the possibilities in the future. Keep at it!

janimarie said...

"To be or not to be. . . "? You are!!