"The earth is the Lord's, and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it." Psalm 24:1
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Apology Accepted!
John Bunyon's apology - is it over yet?! Why, oh why must I read this? I can hardly get through it and barely understand it with it's old english words, much less explain very much of it to my Mini Alphabet. Dost and doth, wouldst and woldest along with many words ending in "eth" and "est" not to mention the order all these words are placed! I wondered aloud how long it used to take people using old english to express a thought?
So nearly ready to put the book aside, when I read a simple line containing "stick like burs" and all was changed! Both children exclaimed aloud, "We know what that is!" and a renewed excitement for what I was reading (by hearers and reader alike!) took place. Three short paragraphs was all we had left so we carried on. Our next reading will finally be the actual story itself!
Thankfully, I have tucked away in the back of my mind my sister's encouragement, "Don't give up" even though the old english is difficult to read, "it will pay off."
Ok. I'm not giving up yet. I can wait for payday. Apology accepted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Love it!
So proud of you for sticking with it. And what a fun post! Good work.
Thank you both for reading and for your encouragment! Sweet words are truly honey to the soul... Love you both. So much. xxoo.
Post a Comment