Pages


May my roots grow deep, may my limbs grow strong.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sunday, Monday



Sunday morning - hubby preached a fantastic message. Is he always absolutely eloquent in speach? No, perhaps not, but he certainly has a genuine and entertaining way of getting God's truths across. Felt like water over a dry and thirsty land...

Sunday afternoon - couch, couch, couch. Have we forgotten that our bodies need a day of rest? Have we forgotten the model God gave us in the account of the creation of the world waaayyy back in Genesis? So thankful for an afternoon where I could do just that. Sunday's bonus? My five-year-old son bringing me a yummy salad he made all on his own. He was so determined to do it "all on his own" that he growled and scowled at his sister then would turn to me (still on the couch as per his adament request) with his growl melting into a big grin. My daughter, too, rested. Rested and read and looked oh-so-cozy all day!

Monday? When Tuesday morning comes I often ask how it arrived so quickly... I am truly thankful for my husband's Monday's off. For some reason I was agitated most of Monday morning. Perhaps because it was just that: Monday morning. Thoughts were swirling and again I was so thankful for my husband to gently touch my arm and remind me of the main point of his sermon (which I like to call "the hula-hoop effect": a big circle (aka, the hula hoop) which contains a heart, a cross, a dove and a dot. Guess who the dot is? Yup - we are. As we remain in the center of the circle of God's love and protection nothing can touch us but what God allows. And of course He never permits more than we are able to handle. As we rest in Him, we can rest in our circumstances and even command our thoughts to become calm in Christ.

Monday afternoon - a "quick" jaunt over the river to a post office, a french fry truck (loaded with gravy for me and loaded with vinegar for my daughter), Canadian coffee, a stop at one of my favourite playgrounds for the kids to play in and for me? Basking in the sun in familiar settings. Smile. I love enjoying His creation. Fall is by far my favourite time of year. The leaves are oh-so-colourful and when the sun is warm and the breeze is blowing I get so excited just to be enjoying this time of year.

And now it's Tuesday morning. Back to work, back to school. Let's see what this day that the Lord has made entails...

Happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

janimarie said...

I love to read your blog - just caught up on the last few. A smile, a tear, a warm feeling of pride, a reminder to rejoice in God's faithfulness!!