HOWEVER, the food for our bodies can turn on us. Or perhaps, our body itself is leading the revolt, choosing to no longer digest the "sustenance" we give it. Is it that the food God blessed is no longer blessed? Or is it that what God has blessed we have altered, changed, modified and created new foods which we (ahem, perhaps 'Moi' to be more specific) can no longer digest.
My symptons? Let's see. Brain fog, fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, aching limbs, (fibromyalgia) sudden outbreaks of hives. Sounds horrid, doesn't it? Or does it sound at all familiar? Some have worse, much worse, physicial issues no doubt. But if I do nothing, what ailment comes next? The latter, the outbreaks of near full body hives each time I work up a sweat, is my last straw.
So here's to the first day of a brand new journey. My kitchen is my lab and I am the specimen. Care to follow along? I won't promise excitment, but perhaps the only way I can commit to a... to a what? Oh yes, to an 'elimination diet' is by choosing to blog and to nutriontionally bare all (you see, perhaps if people follow along, the sheer fear of emarrassment from quitting before the results are in will keep me going, capiche?).
So why the song? I heard it for the first time coming home from the grocery store this morning. It kind'a gave me a little extra "oumph" and Holy Encourgament to try this new, ugh, "diet" or way of eating, in hopes of finding out if indeed the food that I eat is what's affecting me physically...
Here is is - The Elimination Diet. My goal? To start with a week, then two, then hopefully up to six.
http://www.precisionnutrition.com/elimination-diet#_ftn2
|
Foods to include
|
Foods to exclude
|
Fruits
|
Almost all fresh fruit
|
Citrus fruits (orange, grapefruit, lemon,
lime, etc)
|
Vegetables
|
Almost all fresh raw, steamed, sautéed, or
roasted vegetables
|
Tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes (sweet potato and
yams are okay)
|
Starch
|
Rice*, buckwheat*
|
Wheat, corn, barley, spelt, kamut, rye, oats,
all gluten-containing products
|
Legumes
|
Soybeans, tofu, tempeh, soy milk, all beans,
peas, lentils
|
|
Nuts and seeds
|
All seeds and nuts
|
|
Meat and fish
|
Fish, turkey, lamb, wild game
|
Beef, chicken, pork, cold cuts, bacon,
hotdogs, canned meat, sausage, shellfish, meat substitutes made from soy
|
Dairy products and milk substitutes
|
Unsweetened rice milk*, almond milk, coconut
milk
|
Milk, cheese, cottage cheese, cream, yogurt,
butter, ice cream, non-dairy creamers, eggs
|
Fats
|
Cold-expeller pressed olive oil, flaxseed oil,
coconut oil
|
Margarine, butter, processed and hydrogenated
oils, mayonnaise, spreads
|
Beverages
|
Drink plenty of fresh water, herbal teas (e.g.
rooibos, peppermint, etc.)
|
Alcohol, caffeine (coffee, black tea, green
tea, soda)
|
Spices and condiments
|
Sea salt, fresh pepper, fresh herbs and spices
(i.e. garlic, cumin, dill, ginger, oregano, parsley, rosemary, thyme,
turmeric)
|
Chocolate, ketchup, mustard, relish, chutney,
soy sauce, barbecue sauce, vinegar
|
Sweeteners
|
Stevia (if needed)
|
White or brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, corn
syrup, high fructose corn syrup, desserts
|
I'll need these songs, no doubt, as well as the prayers of many if I'm to have any willpower at all!
Blessings,
SMC
2 comments:
Yeah Go Girl! I am Behind you all the way! Can't wait to hear more!
Thanks, friend - you are such an encouragement!
Post a Comment