Here's to Day Two (or rather, to making it through Day One!)
Yesterday's lunch cooked in coconut oil: onions, carrots, almonds (I'm not eliminating nuts), zuchini and blueberries, seasoned with sea salt and dill. Yum!
Yesterday's lunch cooked in coconut oil: onions, carrots, almonds (I'm not eliminating nuts), zuchini and blueberries, seasoned with sea salt and dill. Yum!
I have to say, I faltered yesterday afternoon. Sitting quietly in the schoolroom, the children away, trying to stay focused on my task at hand: school prep reading. Oh wouldn't a cup of java be so smooth and yummy... Coffee. It's in my "foods to exclude" column. Shucks. What do I do? Shall I give in? I can have just one cup of coffee, can't I? Oh but wait. I'd already decided to have only my morning cup. That means one cup, un tasse, seulement un tasse, only one cup. Hmmm, how will I feel after a cup of coffee? Perhaps more fatigued? Drowsy? Ok - I can resist, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
How about tea?
Mint tea - it's in my "foods to include column".
I've got fresh mint in my garden!
Chocolate Mint, Spearmint, Orange Mint!
Ok - there's gotta be a site to tell me how to make tea from fresh leaves
And so it happened... I resisted that cup of java (and for those of you who know me, you know I don't resist well!) picked a mixed handful of fresh mint leaves (it only takes 4 or 5 leafy stems to brew the perfect pot!) and in a little over 5 minutes I was enjoying the most delicious fresh mint tea.
And not missing my coffee at all.
Victory!
But wait - there's more! More? Yes - more victory! Not ony did I stick to last nights meal plan, Salmon, rice and veggies, but when our little girl announces near the end of our meal, "I would like to take my family out for ice cream tonight. And I'm paying!"
my heart is melting...
I could just have one little, kiddie cone ice cream... Can't I?
sigh.
no.
if I give in tonight, I won't continue tomorrow...
And so another victory, of which my family was sooo proud of me
and my little girl completely understood why I couldn't take her up on her treat.
Another time, another treat. In meantime, my treat was to enjoy my family enjoy their ice cream!
But it was killing me!!!
And so here I sit, blogging my way through, my determination just a tad stronger this morning.
How good and pleasant it is to be strong in the face temptation!
Blessings,
SMC
Post Script... how did you like the songs I included in my post yesterday?
my heart is melting...
I could just have one little, kiddie cone ice cream... Can't I?
sigh.
no.
if I give in tonight, I won't continue tomorrow...
And so another victory, of which my family was sooo proud of me
and my little girl completely understood why I couldn't take her up on her treat.
Another time, another treat. In meantime, my treat was to enjoy my family enjoy their ice cream!
But it was killing me!!!
And so here I sit, blogging my way through, my determination just a tad stronger this morning.
How good and pleasant it is to be strong in the face temptation!
Blessings,
SMC
Post Script... how did you like the songs I included in my post yesterday?


3 comments:
We're with you Steph - in prayer for this new venture, and support and encouraging you along this journey. I have rooibos tea, of course - but what do I do for a birthday cake for you?? It will be a fun project for me.
Perhaps we can sing around a picture of a cake? I can still blow out candles! You're creative enough. Between you and the other curly-haired one I'm sure you'll think of something!
Way to go steph! I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment